Using Antminer with GL.iNet
In their github – https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1, antminer have their own openwrt firmware. You can easily flash the firmware to GL.iNet using GL.iNet’s uboot web interface. However I cannot set up using my usb antminer.
We compiled openwrt firmware with cgminer 3.8.5 and Antminer driver. Here is a simple guidance. There is no warranty.
Step 1: Buy devices
You need to buy USB antminer U1 and GL.iNet smart router. You can buy both in Amazon. The price is about $25 and $60 respectively.
Step 2: Setup
The smart router need to set up for the first-time use. Browse http://192.168.8.1, choose language, timezone and set up new password. Then in Setting->firmware page, flash the firmware for Antminer, which can be download http://www.gl-inet.com/w/?page_id=115&lang=en. After upgrade firmware, please check the firmware version. Please turn off wifi, because wifi may conflict with the USB driver.
Step 3: Register mining pool
Register in a pool. I tried BTC Guild, it is very easy. Find the pool information in support page.
Step 4: Fill in pool information
Fill in the pool information in the router. The cgminer config is in “advanced setting”. You can view http://192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci directly. The password is what you just set in step 2.
Step 5: Test Antminer
Plug in your USB Antminer, test if it works.
- #ssh -l root 192.168.8.1
- #cgminer –bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -O alzhao_1:1234
Now it works in full speed. You can set frequency as said in https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/cgminer
Step 6: Reboot
Reboot the router. Why need to reboot? There is a bug in the compiled cgminer, if you start using hotplug scripts, it will use 100% cpu. But this does not happen in boot scripts. Check the status in the router.
Step 7: Done
After a while, let’s check the pool. Very good.
- There is no guarantee, no support for this firmware. But welcome feedback.
- The antminer firmware is specially for Antminer, other original service may not function properly. You can revert back to the original firmware anytime. You can download the newest firmware at http://www.gl-inet.com
- Only one USB Antminer is tested. If you need to use a USB hub and work with multiple Antminer, please try by yourself.
- Please turn off wifi if you use Antminer, to save energy and avoid a conflict between USB driver and Wifi driver.