Domino Core is a low-cost, high-performance 802.11n WiFi module based on Qualcomm/Atheros AR9331 WiSoC.
Domino Core is a surface-mountable single-sided WiFi-enabled Linux module, featuring the lowest power consumption in the industry.
The Domino Core module exposes almost all the AR9331 WiSoC available signals to regular 2 mm pitch castellated pads for both easy hand and automatic SMT soldering , including:
- USB 2.0 (host or slave)
- serial port (default to U-Boot / Linux console)
- 3 x 10/100MB Ethernet ports
- SPI (MOSI, MISO, CLK, CS)
- I2S (CK, WS, SD, MCK, MICIN)
- SPDIF Output
- JTAG (TMS, TCK, TDI, TDO)
- 9x LEDs (also used for bootstrap settings)
- Up to 29 x GPIOs (multiplexed with other functions above)
The Domino core module only requires a single 3.3 V power supply, with a maximum power consumption of 0.5 W.
Antenna connection can be done either to the integrated U.FL RF connector, or to an external 50 Ω antenna attached to the RF castellated pad.