huanchunyeOctober 26, 2017 at 3:07 pm #271931
I am trying to build a package for GL-MT300N-V2 (specifically horst, which is available for GL-MT300N but not V2). Below are my steps:
(1) Obtain repo from github.com/domino-team/openwrt-cc and followed the instructions to update and install feeds
(2) Start make menuconfig, chose target Ralink RT288x/RT3xxx and subtarget MT7628 — please tell me if these are correct?
(3) Make and got package horst_5.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk
(4) Scp the ipk file to the unit and run opkg, but then got the following error:
Unknown package ‘horst’.
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for horst found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package horst.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks!huanchunyeOctober 28, 2017 at 10:16 am #275071
Hello — any suggestions for my problem? Thanks in advance!huanchunyeOctober 29, 2017 at 12:56 pm #276131
Thanks for the pointer. Now I can build and install horst (and tcpdump, wavemon, etc), but they can not sniff WiFi packets. Can you confirm whether GL-MT300N-V2 supports monitor mode?
Also I pre-ordered a GL-AR750 with the aim of using it as dual-band sniffer. If it cannot function as such, I would like to cancel my order.
Thanks!alzhaoOctober 30, 2017 at 1:26 pm #277291
The stock firmware of MT300N-V2 uses MTK driver and cannot support monitor mode. If you compile your own firmware, please try open source driver which should support monitoring mode. We don’t use the open source driver in this model as when it works as AP, it is not stable. But I am not sure about monitoring mode.
Other models include AR750 works in monitoring mode.onurbNovember 22, 2017 at 1:22 am #313181
What is the open source wireless driver? What is the model?alzhaoNovember 24, 2017 at 1:55 pm #317701
please try the imagebuilder
If you select mt76 it will install the open source drivers.
Don’t select kmod-mt7628 which is the MTK driver.
You must be logged in to create new replies.